Tuesday, August 16, 2011

When the Kids are Asleep, Mommy Will...Sweep?

I have decided that my least favorite chore (outside of shaving my legs) is sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor. I used to love wielding my broom but that was before it would get caught on graham cracker glue or soiled by juice puddles. It also doesn't help that my darling two year old absolutely loves to 'help' with this project. She will hang on to the broom handle demanding that it be her 'turn' to fling the dirt around. Very cute but not so helpful in the long run, especially when she follows behind me and tries to sweep my already gathered piles with her hands, effectively scattering my efforts. I won't even go into the fun that she can have trying to work the water press on my sponge mop.

And so, I have decided that all sweeping/mopping must be done while the kids are down for their afternoon nap. I was working away yesterday while my babies were sleeping and anxiously watching the clock thinking "Oh no! I only have half an hour before the kids wake up. I need to finish this quickly so that I can have a few minutes to work on my Sketch....or maybe my photoshopping...or maybe my blog..." This train of thought led me to think about what things I am always saving to do when the kids are asleep. Here is the list I came up with:
Draw
Nap
Watch Criminal Minds, NCIS, or Bones
Bust out the hot-glue gun
Eat chocolate...hehe
Fold laundry
Work on family history
Read
Make phone calls
Pick up toys
Blog

What do YOU do when your kids are asleep?


2 comments:

  1. Shower
    Exercise(not in that order)
    Listen to the fridge humming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow- there are never enough hours in the day of a mom! You are lucky your kids sleep at the same time! How do you do it?! Mine don't- and that is why I can never get anything done. But when I do get nap time I usually:
    Nap
    Exercise
    Shower
    Clean
    But I wish I was sewing or scrapbooking or organizing during those times! I hate shaving and sweeping/mopping too! Bleh!

    ReplyDelete