Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sleeping Beauty

A few weeks ago, I began trying to get Jadyn to stay in her bed and fall asleep on her own. I would take her into her room, put her in her bed and then sing a few songs for her, ending with a hug and a kiss and the words"night night Jadyn! Go to sleep!" She was not a big fan of this new bedtime routine, crying for "Mama, by me! by me!" and then wailing when I left the room and pulled the door mostly shut. I would call back to her from the other room "Go to sleep Jadyn! Lay down and go to sleep, it's bedtime!" Well inevitably, Jadyn would gather up her blanket and pull her door open to come see me. The first night that I tried this I was in the kitchen doing dishes and so when she opened her door I would turn around and go "Uh-oh!" in a stern voice. For some reason this would provoke the bizarre reaction of Jadyn wailing with tears and rushing back to her bed to throw herself upon it. So strange! This response has progressed to her slamming the door and THEN throwing herself upon her bed with me just offering a stern "uh-oh!" funny kid! she goes to bed pretty well now, so long as she gets enough "love time" before we put her down. She needs to feel satisfied that we have paid enough attention to her first, so usually we will go in and sing to her, or read her some stories, or just cuddle her for awhile. She is such a wonderful little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment