Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Victory Points

Do you ever go to war again inanimate objects? Maybe devoting ridiculous amounts of brain power to out-witting an entity that will never be able to recognize your superiority? Well I do. And my current foe is my dishwasher. You see I am always fighting with my dishwasher for possession of the sippy cups and all of their accompanying lids and accessories. The dishwasher likes to flip the cups over so that they fill up with yucky water and debris, suck the lids down to melt on the element, and hide all of the little pieces that come out of some of these cups when they are broken down for washing. I spend my day celebrating when a sauce pan is dirtied because I know that the long handle on those babies will hold down at LEAST three sippy cups. Small to medium sized mixing bowls? PERFECT for keeping all of the lids from bouncing around. I have sometimes loaded, and then re-loaded, and then re-loaded yet again just to come up with that perfect combination that would keep my two year old in sippy cups for the rest of the week. Somehow this battle has resulted in the awarding of victory points to each opponents. This week it is

Kym: 4
Dishwasher: 1

Now you know what I spend my time thinking about...

3 comments:

  1. I hate that! I have these little dishwasher baskets that holds everything but the cups! They are a life saver! They are pretty cheap at the store and they are usually by the bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also there are these fabulous scrubbie things (check the baby aisle at the grocery store) that look like giant pipe cleaners & they have made it possible to easily clean all those little bits (plus the cups) by hand. A lifesaver!

    ~ Jennifer (& Eric & Amy)

    ReplyDelete