Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My sweet valentine...

Years and years ago...ok so maybe like 5 years ago, I mentioned to my sweet hubby that I absolutely love the fragrance "Sex on the Beach." A friend of mine swore by it and got me hooked, but since it is a bit pricey I have never owned any.

Early yesterday morning I was standing in the kitchen trying to dig up some children's Tylenol while my poor baby boy clung to my legs and bawled about the new teeth he is getting. I got up four times with him the night before and so my patience was already a little thin. Jadyn woke up coughing and stumbled into the kitchen crying about her throat hurting and her tummy needing food. I was so tired. Needless to say, I was not looking forward to my day.

Enter Hubby. With a small neatly wrapped package that he handed to Jadyn and whispered to her to go give it to her mama. Jadyn loves presents, even when they are not her own, and so she stopped crying immediately and walked over to give the package to me. Joe scooped up a now happy McKay, who was very excited to see his daddy and I got to sit down and open my very thoughtful valentine preset: A lovely bottle of perfume. Of course, I had to smile and ask him if it was supposed to be an invitation...

At lunch, Joe came home with a rose for Mama and we all went out to eat at the Chinese Buffet. Joe had to get to class afterwards so the kids and I headed over to the library to try (and fail, :( ) to print our valentine present for Daddy. I have been working on our family history for months now, and wanted to print it and give it to him in a binder. The program I wrote it in wouldn't work at the library, so I ended up just showing it to him on our computer at home. I will print it later this year and give it to him then.

After his class, Joe gave the kids valentine presents with a sweet little handmade valentine. He picked them each out a dinosaur and taped a lollipop to it. Jadyn and McKay were so thrilled by them! I didn't know anything about them, and was frankly pretty impressed by this great show of daddy affection. He is one smooth fellow, and we love him for it.

We finished the day by picking up an angel food cake and topping it with strawberries and whipped cream. I love that we have such a wonderful holiday that encourages us to show our loved ones how much we care.

No comments:

Post a Comment