Saturday, July 9, 2011

Happy Father's Day! 2011

I have heared so many people argue against celebrating holidays like valentines day, or mothers day, or fathers day because choosing a specific day to share the love supposedly cheapens it. Well I strongly disagree. I love having the opportunity to shower some of my favorite people in this life with love and affection for no other reason then the calender suggests it. This opinion aside, fulfilling my own expectations of these days is often very stressful for me. What gift could I possibly make/find that would adequetly convey my feelings for my wonderful husband on Valentines day, or my mother/mother-in-law on Mother's day, or now my father/father-in-law for Father's day?

I don't often succeed in finding the perfect words or gift for these wonderful people, but this year I was determined to find something special for my Dad, Mark Eagar. I chose to write a song for him and my little brother Joshua helped me to put it to music so that we could perform it for him together on Father's Day. It turned out so great. We all cried and enjoyed a wonderful moment together as a family celebrating my Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment