Saturday, May 12, 2012

So many many things to share!!

Highlight:

We flew out to Idaho a couple of weeks ago to attend brother-in-law Daniel's wedding reception in Nampa. It was so wonderful to spend time with our family up there! We miss them like crazy so this trip was truly awesome for us. Dan and Claire were completely stunning and soooo in love, we are super happy for them!! While there my Mother-in-law (Bob) arranged to have individual family photos taken by a professional photographer. I am really excited to see how they turn out! For now though, I am updating the blog with an awesome picture taken by Bob. I think she is so talented. She was completely willing to be a goofy in order to capture the kids' attention. Thank you bob!

She also brought home 14 little chicks for all of the grandbabies to play with. Jadyn and Mckay absolutely loved holding those babies! haha the first two that Jadyn held pooped on her, so after that we saw her hanging over the box saying :"Oh I just need one that doesn't poop!" sorry girly, but they all poop! She took to carrying 3 or 4 around in a little basket after that.

Lowlight:

The kids caught the hand, foot, and mouth virus while we were in Idaho. Jadyn wasn't too bad but poor Mckay really got hit hard. He had dozens of the little blisters/sores in his mouth and throat, and more scattered on his arms, hands, legs, and feet. For a couple of days I had a really difficult time getting him to swallow anything, he was so miserable! My sister-in-law Sarah suggested using a syringe to squirt water down the back of his throat to keep him hydrated, and that ended up working really well! He still accepted his sippy cup when I would offer it, but ajust taking a sip would be him freeze up and start screaming. :(

Oh yeah, and since it was finals week, Joe had to be at school to study, and so I took the week off of work to keep the kids from spreading the virus to any of their babysitter's families.

Oh, and the Father and Sons campout was that weekend. Joe had promised to take one of his scouts with him and Mckay, but since Mckay was sick he (baby) didn't get to go. Joe took his boyscout and they had a great time together. Jadyn and I were supposed to go to a baby shower/ girl party while the boys were away but we had to stay at home with our sick baby McKay. I had signed up to take chips and cheese dip to it, so I ran it over with the kids...and upon pulling onto the gravel to park I knocked the crockpot of hot cheese dip over the entire front of my car.

Highlight:

I think every woman at the baby shower had a personal experience with spilling hot crockpot food on the floor of their car. They were all very sympathetic and rushed over to clean up the spill so I could get my kids home. I am so grateful for their concern for my car...it had been such a long week already!

Lowlight:

Can't think of another lowlight. :)

Highlight:

AWESOME day with the kids and hubby after finals week was over!! (it was actually yesterday). We drove up to Ft. Stockton and went shopping, played at the most amazing park, had dinner at the Chinese buffet, and drove home to work on my talk for Mother's day. (tune in next week for details).

No comments:

Post a Comment