Thursday, March 17, 2011

Blessings

We have experienced so many blessings as a married couple! Looking back at the last year I have found it a little overwhelming to count our blessings. God's love for me and my little family is so evident! Especially when I choose to look for it. Today I was counting the blessings that we have received since moving to Alpine TX and wanted to share a few of the highlights:
-Joe received an assistantship that will help pay for his graduate degree in a big way.
-We found an apartment...when family housing (and all other apartment complexes) were already full.
-We found all of the furniture that we needed for an AWESOME deal.
-A Branch of the Church here in Alpine, with members that have been SO welcoming!
-A group of fellow mommy's who were also looking for companionship. I love meeting for story time at the library, play day at the park, and crafts at somebodies home!
-Friends who share our interests, come for games 2-3 nights a week and conveniently live next door to us for when I need to borrow eggs.
-A graduate community that BBQ's once a week and tolerates a 1 1/2 year old getting into all of their stuff.
-Both of our families coming to visit.
-A monster calf that paid for us to go home for Christmas!
-The safe arrival of baby McKay. He is such a sweet baby!
-We were finally accepted into family housing up on campus (yea for a washing machine, dish washer, and a second bedroom!)
-A new part time job babysitting (SO grateful for the extra income! and for a work opportunity that I can do while staying home with my kiddos)
-A tax return that will enable us to pay for the next year of graduate school WITHOUT taking out a student loan.
-The beautiful weather that lets me get out with both of my babies.
-Joe's flexible schedule that lets him be home when I need him (for the most part!).
-Our wonderful families, who love and support us, especially while we are so far away!

1 comment:

  1. Kym! I love this post. I am so happy for you and your family and that life is going so wonderfully well for you! Congratulations on your sweet baby boy! Our little guy was born in November and he is such a sweetheart as well. :)

    ReplyDelete